A huge THANK YOU to the cast, crew, families and audience members who all came together to make this weekend's performances of Snow White such a successful realization of Tacoma Youth Theatre's mission. Together, we are building a community that actively participates in celebrating the efforts and accomplishments of local young artists. How exciting!
Monday, October 13, 2014
Monday, August 11, 2014
Thank you for being a part of Tacoma Youth Theatre’s very successful first two years of programing. Maggie Knott and I believe so strongly in the benefits of youth theatre that, in 2012, we self-funded the considerable costs of starting this company. Thankfully, we were not alone. Families and individuals from throughout the greater Tacoma area have come together to prove that a theatre, with the sole purpose of nurturing young artists, can succeed.
This is an urgent request for your continued financial support. I am pleased to announce that your financial gift to Tacoma Youth Theatre is tax-deductible through our partner agency Shunpike, a non-profit 501(c)3 charitable organization. Your financial support helps Tacoma Youth Theatre maintain accessibility through affordable and pay-what-you-can theatre experiences. If you are reading this letter, you know first-hand the incredible value of Tacoma Youth Theatre’s mission. Maggie and I have a combined, award-winning experience of over 60 years in theatre and education. Tacoma Youth Theatre provides professional expectations, resources, and mentors, in a safe and nurturing environment where unique individuals, ages 5-18, can discover the impact, success, and joy of theatre for themselves.
Look what has been accomplished with your support:
· Over 300 young artists have participated in 28 productions.
· 16 high-quality one act plays for young actors have been written or revised.
· Tacoma Youth Theatre has a permanent home in an innovative new, youth-centric theatre –
in the heart of Tacoma’s Theatre District.
· A Seabury Middle School partnership provided an outstanding theatre experience for students.
Plans for the up-coming year include:
· continuing with our successful, pay-what-you-can, after-school programs.
· offering production opportunities exclusively for teens.
· expanding our mission to include daytime pre-school experiences.
· maintaining our partnerships with Shunpike and Seabury.
· developing additional partnerships and new funding sources.
· adding to Tacoma Youth Theatre’s catalogue of plays and beginning on-line script sales.
· revamping summer, winter, and spring break camps to feature all-day, one-week camps.
· continuing the integration of our mission with our structures and spaces – providing more opportunities for hands-on learning.
· improving outreach and marketing efforts within the local community.
· forming an advisory committee to help move toward a solid path of sustainability.
Make a donation today! Help ensure that theatre arts education remains accessible. YOU ARE AN IMPORTANT PART OF THIS INNOVATIVE THEATRE.
Through our partner agency, Shunkpike – Tacoma Youth Theatre can receive tax-deductible donations.
Please give what you can, every donation helps! – and do it right away!
Monday, August 4, 2014
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
Mark your calendars for these fun-filled, affordable, family events!
Tickets to every performance are sold as part of a Fundraiser to keep Tacoma Youth Theatre experiences affordable! All tickets are by Pay-What-You-Can, and by donation.
Fridays & Saturdays at 7:00pm
Sundays at 3:00pm
THE PRINCESS AND THE GOBLIN
August 15 & 16 at 7pm, August 17 at 3pm
All performances are under one-hour in length.
A perfect introduction to theatre.
Tacoma Youth Theatre's Box Office opens
approximately 45 minutes before each showtime